Heads up if you’re searching for things to do on Labor Day weekend. This list has fun and relaxing things to do, no matter where you live or what your interests are. Whether you grab your sunscreen and the beach blanket or head to the nearest city central, there’s something fun to do. Here is a list of 8 things to do on Labor Day Weekend.
1. Take a hike. Depending on where you live, a hike in the woods might be a colorful excursion. You might be able to watch flocks of birds overhead making their journeys southward or find the last of the summer berries on vines and bushes.
2. Explore a museum or a gallery. When rain dictates indoor activities, head to the art or science museum for the afternoon. Don’t hesitate to bring the kids. Most have exhibits, especially for children.
3. Go shopping. For some, shopping is one of the best things to do on Labor Day weekend. Look for sales on clothing and shoes, mattresses and barbecue grills. Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer, so all things associated with picnics and patio parties are likely to be marked down. You may find great deals on patio furniture, pool toys for kids of all ages and swimwear.
4. Enjoy the last days of summer at a beach. Take advantage of the last warm long weekend of the year by heading to the beach. By the next holiday period, you will probably find the lakes and rivers at some stage of frozen.
5. Book a weekend getaway. A three-day weekend is a perfect excuse to travel, so use the upcoming holiday to plan either one of our relaxing or adventurous Labor Day 2018 weekend getaways. A cozy cabin in the country or a sleek hotel room in the city may be all you need to renew and refresh yourself. If you haven’t made your travel plans, now is the time to do it. https://goo.gl/MqtHPd
6. Watch a parade. Some cities and towns celebrate Labor Day with a parade. Bring along the beach blanket or a folding chair if the event promises to be a long one. It’s also a good idea to check the weather forecast and bring rain gear if needed.
7. Tour the local breweries. Find a designated driver or spring for personal transportation and sample the microbreweries you have in your area. Bring back a growler or two of your new favorites.
8. Carve out some time to visit Mediterien Deep. We’re having up to 50% off sale. You can on all those Turkish towels and throws you’ve been eyeing over the summer or want to fill the linen closet with before the chilly days of autumn.